Monday, March 4, 2013

MY FATHER DOES NOT GIVE THE SILENT TREATMENT

My earthly father never gave me the silent treatment when I did something wrong. In fact, if I slammed my door and tried to hide in my room, he pursued me. He did not allow communication to be absent from the situation, though there were times I didn't want to talk. My father did not allow things to go unaddressed.

If my human father can be so loving and persistent to restore me to right behavior when I'm so rude, I can't help but think that my Heavenly Father must behave similarly, and I have found it to be true in my life. The Father does not accuse me (that's what the enemy does), rather He pursues me in my sins. He brings people into my life that speak His truth. He brings to memory passages of Scripture that remind me that it is sin. He whispers ever so lovingly into my ears that He loves me and reminds me that His children don't do these things. I can try to hide from Him or ignore His voice, but he persists. When I stop my sin, it does not bring a reunion with God my Father, for He's been with me the whole time. It brings rejoicing!

Praise be to God who washed away my sin on the cross and chooses to remember it no more (Heb. 8:12)! Praise be to God who will never leave me or forsake me (Heb. 13:5)! Praise be to God who doesn't give me the silent treatment when I sin!

~Rebecca Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment