Monday, March 18, 2013

A Know-It-All

A-know-it-all...we all know someone like that. Whatever you have done, they've already done it twice...with better shoes on. They have their lives planned and the lives of their children...who no doubt will become NBA athletes and doctors because of the stellar parenting they received. Thankfully and usually I can understand that it's insecurity on the part of the boaster before I say something foolish from my own lips.

It is always wise to glean from someone who's "been there" but I can certainly do without knowing it all. However, are you not glad, as I am, that we have a God who knows it all...knows it all and still loves us, knows it all and doesn't tell us ahead of time, knows it all and holds our hand through every minute of our life's journey?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Joy Dilts

No comments:

Post a Comment