Monday, March 25, 2013


The Eyes of the Lord

            Mikaela Jocelyn Lamb is a climber!  At eighteen months she considers any perch, no matter how high or awkward, to be a challenge.  She stands in the doll stroller or uses it as a ladder to get to the top of the coffee table or wherever.  She uses the doll crib to get up onto the window sill.  My grandbaby is a climber!
            I have teased my son about being one of today’s young parents who take a picture with their cell phones before they remove their children from a potentially dangerous perch.  But he assures me he is right there and he’s watching her.  I thought about that.  John can hardly take his eyes off Mikaela, partly because he loves her and is proud of her, partly to protect her, and partly to discipline her. 
            In a beautiful picture, my Heavenly Father can’t keep His eyes off me or off my children.  He has his eyes on me and my family in love, protection, and discipline.  And I am so grateful. 
            Psalm 34:15 says, “The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous and his ears are open unto their cry.”  He is watching me and listening to me, just as I watch John and John watches Mikaela.   II Chronicles 16:9 says, “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.”
            God is looking out for my safety.  Though I was not always in a place where I could protect John and John will not always be able to protect Mikaela from harm, God is always there.  Psalm 33:18-19 says, “Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.”
            Sometimes John sees Mikaela disobeying him or going someplace she is not supposed to go.  Then he is watching to discipline her.  And sometimes God is watching to see when I need discipline.  I Peter 3:12 says, “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers, but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.”  Proverbs 15:3 says, “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”  Just as sometimes a father knows a child is disobeying and chooses not to correct, God allows me to suffer the consequences of my actions. 
            Psalm 103:13, “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”  God can’t take His eyes off me!


                                                                      

                                                                                      ~~Faith Himes Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment