Sunday, August 14, 2022

Ta-Da!!

 

Walking in the grocery store, I noticed a couple of women coming my direction. They seemed absolutely ordinary, just like me. One of them was wearing a shirt that caught my attention. In large print, it read, “After God created me, He said, ‘Ta-Da!’” Did you hear the fanfare? I did.

My first thought, only for a split second, was, “She’s no more special than I am.” A moment later, I was bursting with joy. I thought, “I wish I could buy that shirt for every person on the planet!” It’s true for every one of us. God made it clear from the beginning. Humans are His most prized creation. He tells us specifically that He knows every detail of our bodies and minds from the time we are being manufactured inside our mothers. That’s because He’s doing the assembling.

If you had a shirt/tag/bumper sticker/poster like that, could you wear/display/post it? We’ve been taught to be humble, to recognize that we are sinners and not to be vain. So, could you? It seems like we’d be bragging on ourselves, but the idea is absolutely true, and the bragging rights go to God. Can you see yourself as His highest work of value? And just as important, can you see others as worthy of wearing that claim?

The first chance we got, we kind of messed it up and we’ve been doing so ever since. But from the standpoint of “being,” we and all others are God’s most valued possessions. If we could accept that and apply that mindset to all the people we meet, how would that affect our view of them and our relationship to them? We don’t have to pretend that all people are good; we only have to acknowledge that all are God’s treasure. Including ourselves. Me. You. You are God’s treasure. He’s not like us, who get worn down with repetition. He wasn’t bored by the time he got to you, with all the billions of people He’s already made. He made you, and He said, “Ta-Da!” Maybe He even had an angel ensemble blow the fanfare.

--Lynda Shenefield

No comments:

Post a Comment