Sunday, April 1, 2018

Let God be God


Salvation is of the LORD.

Let it happen. Let God be God.

We want to make it happen. I have heard it said, and I have said the same: "If the job is to be done, I guess I'll just have to do it myself." Then action flies into doing, and there is force behind the action. We force our way, thinking others should fall into our plans, and our expectations are at full speed. We may manipulate so that we see the result of our control. We control by our words, actions, and expectations. We plunge headlong into what we want to see accomplished.

Where is it seen that salvation is of the Lord? Where is letting the situation happen in the control of God and in the Holy Spirit's timing? Where is the patient dependence on letting God be God? Do we wait in patient prayer? Do we feed on the Word while we wait?

"But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:4

May this grace rule and abound in me and in you today.

Salvation is of the Lord. Let Him do His work!

--Polly Kettenring

No comments:

Post a Comment