Sunday, February 5, 2017

Rejoice In God



I’m so nosy. When I see people go through difficult times, I want to ask what God has taught them through their experiences. Knowing that God sometimes takes us through trials to teach us about Himself makes me anxious to know what He’s up to. And the more difficult the situation, the stronger my curiosity grows. But I’ve learned to be careful about asking. People are surprised at these questions and often don’t have an answer. It’s  personal and not everyone likes to share. I’ve gotten that “deer in the headlight” look a few times.

Whether we share or not, we can know God knows us intimately and wants us to know Him too! It’s one of the most important things to Him. He has gone to extreme lengths to reveal Himself to us; He sent the prophets to preach, gave us His Word in written form, sent Jesus to earth to teach and save us, and sent His disciples into the world with the good news.

In Romans 5:11, Paul says we “rejoice (show great delight in) in God.” In context, he’s writing about us being reconciled to God and obtaining access to Him.

Access to God.  Wow.

We have access to our Mighty and Powerful Creator! He made the earth and everything in it! He created the sun, moon, stars, and millions of solar systems that cannot be measured! And the detail with which He made these things! And yet, He knows everything that’s going on in our lives and promises to never leave us.

He is all-wise and all-knowing.

Through His love, sacrifice, and forgiveness, He makes us holy.

He is our Shepherd. He protects us, comforts us, and provides for us.
So, let us “rejoice in God” and all that He is!


(And in case you were wondering, He taught me these things through my breast cancer trial.)

joyce hague

No comments:

Post a Comment