Monday, March 14, 2016

Face Time

Today, I needed to unload the Diaper Genie (trash can for diapers), and Lee is usually content to lie for at least a couple of minutes by himself if he is already in a good mood. But by the time I got back from taking the trash out (two minutes tops!), he was fussing. As soon as I bent down near to him and talked to him, his little face lit up with the sweetest smile. All he needed was a little "Face Time." Babies at this age love faces. They don’t care as much about toys or other distractions. They want to interact with people, especially their parents.

It has struck me that I want to be like Lee and never want to grow tired or bored of face time with my Father in heaven. And yet, I am often too busy or find distractions in this world that I make more important than seeking Him. Little Lee wants face time just about every moment he is awake. What if I were that eager and seeking my Father that frequently?

1. Worries would vanish. I have found, like Lee, that when I cry out and seek my Father’s face that I find great joy and whatever I am concerned about just disappears. When we seek the Lord, Matthew 10:24-25 tells us that we do not need to worry about all the daily necessities of life because God will make sure we are provided for. In Psalm 27, the psalmist is fearing for his safety and even his life, yet he speaks of seeking the Lord’s face and finding the strength and safe refuge he needs.

2. My joy would be full. Psalm 16:11 says, “You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.” Again, I am convicted by Lee. The delight that lights up his face when he sees us is precious. How the Father must long for us to come to Him to find joy that we can find nowhere else! I sometimes think He must be gently shaking His head as I try to fill my heart and life up with other things, wanting me to just seek His face and find the truest joy in His presence.

When I am diligent about seeking God, I find that joy in God every day, and my load seems so much lighter. Peace tends to reign more in my heart than worry, and I believe that I am more of a blessing to others because I am fulfilled. But oh, the distractions! How easy it is to get entangled and forget to seek our Father’s face. If you find yourself overwhelmed, worried, snippy, or if you are facing something that you can’t see your way around, seek your Father’s face. He does not hide, and He is waiting to fill you with joy, provide for your needs, and walk with you through whatever you are facing. I know I am in desperate need of this Face Time as well these days. Let us seek His face with all our hearts, dear sisters, and share with each other the joys, answers, and peace that He brings to encourage each other to keep doing it!


--Judith Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment