Sunday, October 16, 2022

Not a Complainer - Part II

Since my last post in August, where I write at length about giving praise and thanks to God in all circumstances, I am still working on not being a complainer. It is an uphill battle, as you might imagine. I am presently fighting a flu bug which interrupted our vacation. I have also just finished an ordeal with an infected thumb. Who knew infected digits could be so serious? I burned the same hand in a small electrical fire. It was a minor injury, but the temptation to complain is strong. Small trials can take a toll on one’s spirit!  And to think there are those who are genuinely suffering! 

In my attempt to correct my attitude, I resolved to write a prayer of gratitude to God. Here’s how it goes: 

“Thank You LORD for allowing me to be sick and that it’s not worse. I trust You for my greater good even when it’s unpleasant. I got this bug from loving on my grandbabies. Thank you for them and that they are feeling better. What a joy they are to me! You brought us home early from our vacation due to this illness, so I assume you have your reasons. Thank you for allowing me to endure all that went into my thumb infection and for the medicines You used to heal it. Thank You that my burn was not serious. Today is beautiful, and that makes things easier. Thank You for that! I love Your seasons! You know my days, and the knowledge that You see me and know what I am going through encourages my heart.”

Things for which I am thankful that make having the flu more bearable:

Supplements

Tylenol and Ibuprofen

Cold medicine

Herbal tea

A comfortable bed and couch

Dinner I did not cook

A warm and loving husband

The strength to move around

My back roller to ease the stiffness

Comfy pajamas

A refreshing bath/shower

Through the Apostle Paul, God commands us, “in everything give thanks.” He knows a good attitude and positive thinking are good for us. And it’s a way to demonstrate our trust in God's goodness and wisdom. It’s not always easy for sure. But sometimes obedience is hard, especially if it does not seem to make sense.

(prayers appreciated)

joyce hague

No comments:

Post a Comment