Sunday, April 3, 2022

The Greatest Miracle



I love seeing answers to my prayers, especially in the form of miracles. Don’t you? I want to see the Red Sea part, the blind see, the lame walk – you get the picture. I am just like the Jews in the Bible who marveled at Jesus’ healing power and His ability to raise people from the dead. But He was always telling people not to tell anyone about these miracles – even when it would have been impossible to keep it a secret. I have always wondered about this, so I did a little online research (I love the “Got Questions” website). I thought Jesus was just trying to keep the religious leaders from finding out because it was not yet time, but GQ says there could be other reasons but the main one being that He wanted people to focus on the bigger problem and solution – sin/death and restoration to spiritual health.

Recently I observed a family in which the enemy has had his way for many years. The results of the sin sickness and demonic activity are obvious and quite visible. Sadly, they have rejected Jesus and embraced darkness (please pray).There is depression with suicidal ideations, substance abuse, relational fractures, raging, mental illness, filth, poverty, hopelessness (not to say these things are always a result of individual sin). Living in my Christian bubble I sometimes forget how bad things can get. Without Jesus, there I go!

The sickness of our souls is not always as outwardly obvious but still just as deadly. Sin can eat away at us in quiet and subtle ways. But when a soul is saved and restored, it really is a magnificent and wondrous thing! Our chains are gone! We have been set free! The curtain is torn in two, and we have access to God! Jesus’ blood sacrifice makes us holy! We get to live in relationship with God Almighty! We get to enjoy the fullness of Christ and all that comes with that! Peace, love, joy…. That is what He wants us to talk about!

Especially in preparation for Resurrection Day, allow God to wow you with His greatest miracle of all – the salvation and restoration of our souls!

 joyce hague

No comments:

Post a Comment