Sunday, September 12, 2021

A Prayer for Trust

 

I wrote this poem the night before my first cataract surgery, in October of 2015. Though most people who have cataract surgery are senior citizens, I was only thirty-five. My mom had to have cataract surgery when she was thirty-nine, so I came by it honestly.J 

I remembered her trust in the Lord when we had to make a middle-of-the-night drive to the doctor’s office following one of her surgeries. Now, as a mom of four myself, I very much wanted everything to go well so that I could see my children grow up, and, hopefully, one day my grandchildren. Yet, no matter what the “new normal” would be, I knew that God could be trusted. Thus, the poem was written. 

The Lord brought me through both cataract surgeries, the adjustment period afterward of getting bifocals for the first time, and having follow-up YAG procedures.

In life, it often seems as though we have to “roll with the punches,” and adjust to a “new normal.” Last year and this have certainly been indicative of that fact. My prayer is that this poem will encourage you in whatever your tomorrows may hold. 

MaryBeth Hall

                                        

A Prayer for Trust

 

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." Proverbs 31:25

 

"She smiles at the future."

Her heart is unafraid,

for she is trusting in the LORD;

On Him her mind is stayed.

 

At what may be she does not stare;

On Jesus is her gaze.

And so tomorrow does not scare

She who knows Ancient of Days.

 

Dear Father, give this peace to me,

For worries now loom large.

Yet grace is my reality:

You're Lord; I'm in Your charge.

 

I trust You with the great unknown

Of all that lies ahead.

I lay my cares before Your throne,

For by Your hand I'm led.

No comments:

Post a Comment