Sunday, March 14, 2021

Just for Me



OK! Did you ever feel you were supposed to compose something for readers and yet you were writing it “just for me”? That is what this blog is. Come along and see if you need any of this encouragement.

 This is a topsy-turvy world! At least, I don’t think I have seen troubling changes come quite so suddenly to my happy landscape in my dear country that have produced fear, confusion, frustration, uncertainty, and even aggravation in areas we did not dream possible...or at least that I did not dream possible.

In the middle of all this, when I go to my prayer journal and see the many yellow highlights with “ANS ” over the request, the Holy Spirit says “See, Maylou.” Such a great visual reminder of God’s love for me! God does answer prayer. I just need to keep praying and trusting!

 So...here are a few thoughts that I am trying to incorporate AGAIN into my mind and heart.

 My recent memory verse that I have revived from years ago is Romans 8:38, 39.

 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 Wow! That should be all I need, right? So, Maylou, are you totally persuaded that God is greater than all of these that are listed??

 Then today I read this warning in Hebrews 3:12 that I need to be careful that I do not have “an evil heart of unbelief.” This is hard! When there is so much going on in our dear America that I cannot change or help - except to pray or speak up when I can - I need to be certain that my heart is still believing the God who said that nothing can separate me from His love.

 You might have heard a very old story about a little boy who was in a play at church. His line was to be: “It is I; be not afraid.” Instead he said: “Lord, it’s me and I am scared to death.” : ) That is how we feel sometimes.

 The book of John in chapter six records an interesting story. The disciples hadgone out by  night in a boat to cross the sea. Jesus was not with them. As the winds blew and buffeted their boat, they were afraid. But Who came to calm them and reassure them? Those wonderful, unforgettable words they heard from Jesus as He was walking towards them on the water: “It  is I; be not afraid.”         

We MUST remember that we (that means me...Maylou) must keep our eyes focused on the One who can see us through any storm or situation.

 Praise Him today for His almighty power, love, comfort, and presence with us!

--Maylou Holladay


No comments:

Post a Comment