Friday, December 9, 2011

Burst Into Singing

If my computer doesn't freeze again before I post this week's Cup of Grace (for the fifth attempt), then I will burst into singing!! I'm not sure why God put pause on my writing this, but I hope you will enjoy it on a Friday as much as on a Monday.

If you're like me, then music touches your soul in a way that much else can't. I absolutely love music, and I thank God every day for placing me in a family with musical talents and abilities! One of my all-time favorite things to do is to sit around with my family and sing at the top of our lungs, all finding our own harmony! In fact, a secret (well not-so-secret-now) dream of mine is to sing in a Gaither video!! If you were to ask me my favorite song or style of music, I would be as indecisive as my Christmas playlist on my iTunes! (Yes, as a matter fact, I do have Handel's Messiah and Charlie Brown Christmas among many others all shuffled together!) :)

Tucked in the middle of this year's playlist is the song I get to sing with the choir on Sunday! I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that EVERY word makes me want to...
"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music...(Psalm 98:4);"
Yes, a song makes me want to burst into song! Why? Because it's about my amazing God and what His Only Son did for me-a Gentile sinner-a couple thousand years ago!

This Christmas season, when the "...old familiar carols play...," burst into singing to the Lord, "for He has done marvelous things (Psalm 98:1)."

~Rebecca Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rebecca! I so enjoyed that song. No wonder it fills you with joy. I hope we get to hear it again soon. Thank you for letting God use you to bless the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete