Monday, November 21, 2011

Witnessing A Miracle

Our church body has recently experienced one goodbye after another. As our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ continue the journey of eternal life absent from the body and present with the Lord, we miss them and long to join them. At the same time our church body has recently experienced one hello after another. Precious babies have been born to begin the earthly journey of eternal life. Whether we are saying goodbye or saying hello, we are witnessing a miracle.
On October 18 at 11:27am God blessed us with Malorie Rebecca Neal. She is a precious petite bundle from heaven. I was able to be in the room when she was born. As I cried and thanked God for His grace in allowing both mom and baby to be fine, I knew I had just witnessed a miracle.
David put it so well: “For You formed my inward parts; you wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!”  Psalm 139:13-1

 Paul put it so well: “God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee He has given us His Holy Spirit.  So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord.  For we live by believing and not by seeing.  2 Corinthians 5:5-7

Wikipedia says a miracle often denotes an event attributed to divine intervention. In casual usage, miracle is seen as any event that is statistically unlikely but beneficial, such as surviving a natural disaster, or simply a wonderful occurrence, regardless of likelihood, such as a birth. Other miracles might be: survival of a terminal illness, escaping a life threatening situation or beating the odds. Some coincidences may be perceived to be miracles.

Tina says a miracle is when the God of the universe blesses His creation with His grace, mercy and loving kindness as He works out His will in our lives. His will may be the miracle of birth. His will may be the miracle spoken of in 2 Corinthians 5 of being absent from this body and home with the Lord. Our goal is to glorify Him and give Him praise in each and every miracle.

As I pray for each family who witnessed the miracle of a loved one leaving this earth, I am praising Him for allowing me to witness the miracle of new life as my fifth grandchild entered this earth.

Tina Laubscher

No comments:

Post a Comment