Monday, October 17, 2011

Assurance at Sunset

I love fall sunsets. Recently my husband and I took our granddaughters to Pennsylvania to visit their great-grandparents. It is a fifteen hour drive so we stopped overnight. The weather was beautiful giving us breathtaking sunsets.  They reminded me of the assurance that every one of our days has been ordained by God. When I laid down to sleep at night, I remembered these verses of scripture:
“The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.  I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"  The Lord is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him.” 
Lamentations 3:22-25 New Living Translation

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For He knows how weak we are; He remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die.  The wind blows, and we are gone— as though we had never been here. But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children's children of those who are faithful to his covenant, of those who obey his commandments!
Psalm 103:13-18 New Living Translation

God’s words are a comfort to me and I am thankful for the Holy Spirit who brings them to mind. The assurance of a sunset points me to the assurance that God is my faithful father!
Tina Laubscher

1 comment:

  1. Yes. The continuity of the world---the sunrise, sunset, changing of the seasons---does speak of God's faithfulness and love. Thanks for bringing these verses to our attention. Precious.

    ReplyDelete