Monday, June 6, 2011

Hats Off!

Many of us can identify with the expression "wearing many hats." I have the daughter hat, the sister hat, the Aunt Bec Bec hat, the friend hat, the coach hat, the VBS hat, the roommate hat, the orchestra and VOP hat, oh and of course, the many hats I wear at work. Too bad I don't have matching shoes for each of these!! :)
All of the hats I listed are important in my life and valued to the highest degree. There are other hats that I try on occasionally, and even wear for a period of time. I won't mention the hats I wanted to wear that never fit quite right!
I'm looking forward to some future hats. These hats will represent the hats I wore on Earth. They will prove the eternal value of the hats I wear now. They hold royal significance, for they are the crowns that Jesus Himself will give to me. They are crowns of life, glory, rejoicing, and righteousness. They are unfading and incorruptible.
 
2 Timothy 4:8
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
 When you feel like taking off all of your hats and throwing them away forever, remember the crowns that await you!

~Rebecca Phillips

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I, too, feel I have too many "hats" in my "closet." (But, sadly, never enough shoes! ha) I think I will remember the crown when I'm tempted to fuss. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete