Monday, March 21, 2011

Seasons

Each season makes its mark on this earth. We know that summer can bring blistering hot weather, but also very beautiful sunsets. As fall approaches there are hurricanes in some areas, but also beautiful colors of the trees. The harsh cold weather of winter is hard to deny, but so is the beauty of fresh fallen snow.  As spring approaches with wind and rain, I look forward to the beautiful flowers and trees as they blossom.

Ecclesiastes 3:11-14 says “He has made everything appropriate in its time.  He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one’s lifetime; moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor – it is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will remain forever; there is nothing to add to it and there is nothing to take from it, for God has so worked that men should fear Him.”

Not unlike the seasons of the earth, our lives travel in and out of various seasons as God orchestrates His plan in our lives.  When I was younger and experiencing a rather hard season of my life, it was hard to live the truth I knew so well.  In this season of my life, I can see the beauty of God’s plan much clearer. As I look back and see His hand lovingly and perfectly orchestrating His plan, I prepare myself for what lies ahead. There is nothing better than a little R&R (Resting & Rejoicing).  Join me, won’t you?

Tina Laubscher

2 comments:

  1. I love that passage in Ecclesiastes, Tina. There's something about "eternity in [our] hearts" that makes us know there is more than this life. It's a kind of unsatisfied longing that can only be met in knowing God. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh......the seasons of life.....what a great perspective!!

    ReplyDelete