Sunday, December 6, 2020

Proclaim the Glory

 

https://youtu.be/BDYk2ZhJ-30

I’ve been thinking about this song lately. Who knows why or how certain songs get stuck in our brains, but this one has been a blessing. I found myself humming it between classes at school, bursting out in bits and pieces of song as I ran errands and drove home. So I found it on youtube and listened to the whole thing. It has excellent words—and that boy can sing!

There are several versions on line, but the one I have linked you to shows pictures of natural beauty. Certainly God’s creative genius is a sufficient reason to proclaim his glory; the magnificent colors of sunset, the stunning variety of birds, and the soothing beauty of flowers are only some of the details of creation that show God’s glory.

This month, though, I’m focused on the astonishing fact of Jesus’s coming to earth. As I drive down the road, it seems to me that every light strung in the trees or tacked up on someone’s front porch is a mute proclaimer of God’s glory. Even those folks who do not know our Savior are inadvertently proclaiming his goodness in sending Jesus to show us the way to the Father.

I think of the shepherds in the field who were overwhelmed with light and music on the night of Jesus’s birth. After they visited the baby, they could not keep the news to themselves! We should be the same way.

Psalm 34:3 says, “O, magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 107:2 admonishes, “Let the redeemed of the LORD tell their story,” and Jesus himself directed us to “let [our] light shine before men” so that they will “glorify [our] Father” (Matthew 5:16). As we have opportunity this season, let’s say a word of God’s greatness and give testimony to his power in our own lives.

Now let’s hear that song one more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDYk2ZhJ-30

--Sherry Poff

No comments:

Post a Comment