Sunday, June 2, 2019

Praise


                         
                          “The birdies in the treetops sing their song,
                          The angels chant their chorus all day long.
                          The flowers in the garden add their hue.
                          So why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you, praise Him, too?”

The “Holladay Inn, Cincinnati” has 750-acre Sharon Woods right at our back deck. Brant and I like to sit out on our swing early, with our coffee and Bibles, and listen to the birds and watch the squirrels and rabbits. It is amazing how many different “tunes” we hear. I am positive one of the birds chants: “Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!”

Sometimes the sun is bright and the “songs” keep coming in different cadence...depending on the bird. Sometimes the clouds are heavy...no problem...the birds still sing!
Those birds and their sweet songs have been on my heart for days.

How many times when I was growing up my dad (who was a pastor) quoted Psalm 107: 2:
”Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy.”
Many times, in one of our churches in Pennsylvania, Dad would say to the congregation (even to meJ)...”Sis, stand up and tell us what the Lord has done for you!” He truly believed we should never stop praising the Lord for His salvation and His daily care.

How is your praise today? Can you tell someone that you have been “redeemed from the hand of the enemy” and how God is so gracious to you?

The best tool to encourage me to share my praises is to see what God’s Word says about God Himself and about me...all from chosen verses from one of my favorites -  Psalm 103 (Take the time to read the whole Psalm). Every line could be highlighted! I pray the verses will give you a “song of praise” for today. Don’t rush as you read and meditate!

1. Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
***
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
***
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
***
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
***
20 Bless the Lord, you His angels, (Remember the children’s song?)
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You
[c]ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works, (Could these be the birds that sing?)
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul! (I am in this Psalm!!)

“So why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you, praise Him, too?”


 Maylou Holladay




No comments:

Post a Comment