Sunday, November 25, 2018

My Word for the Week


April 2018.  It’s my turn for the blog.  Oops!  I’m in the hospital with emergency surgery following a complication from a procedure.

 July 2018.  It’s my turn for the blog.  Oops!  I’m in the hospital with complications from a repeat of the same procedure.

 November 2018. It’s my turn for the blog.  Oops!  I’m just home from the hospital after an unrelated surgery, but this time it’s planned, so I’m writing my blog early.  It may be short, but it will be.

 Maybe this means I shouldn’t write for Cup of Grace!  Nope!  I love doing this. A few nights before the surgery the Holy Spirit brought a verse to mind and it has come back repeatedly. It’s a fragment of Colossians 1:18, “that in all things He may have the preeminence.”  That’s my word.  Preeminence!  It’s not about me.  It’s about how I can bring Him glory and praise through this time. 

If my goal is to bring honor to the Lord then I have to figure out a way to do that through the time of my surgery. I need to find how to make him most important. Perhaps making him important would be kindness in speech and deed, patience, thankfulness, speaking to represent him. That sounds like a job description every day.  John said, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” That’s the formula for making him preeminent. Here it is in a nutshell.  HE>i. 



                                                            Faith Himes Lamb



No comments:

Post a Comment