Sunday, February 14, 2016

What is that?

Ex. 4:2 “Then the Lord said to him (Moses), “What is that in your hand?”

In my Bible, I have written “Maylou” with an arrow pointing to this verse. Often I have to ask myself: “Maylou, what is that in your hand that you can use for the Lord and for others?”

Is it a PEN… to use to write a “hard copy” card to a friend…a card that has to be mailed…with a personal note inside…with a stamp on the envelope…that my friend will receive from her/his postman?

Recently I asked the Lord to bring to my attention people from my past that I need to thank. When a person comes to mind, I pick up my PEN and write!

Is it a WHISK…to use to make cookies for a neighbor…for a young man or woman in college… in the military (like our own Brandon McQueen)? GBC has his address. J

Is it a SET OF CAR KEYS…to use to visit someone in the hospital… to take a lonely friend for coffee… to run an errand for a busy young mother?

Is it a COMPUTER/PHONE… to send a note to our missionaries…to text a friend or relative to say you are praying…to contact a young person who is having difficulty with grades in school?

Is it a TOOL BOX… to help repair a sink or stove…to hang a picture for a single mom?

Is it an HOUR OR TWO …that you can give to babysit for a couple so they can have a “coffee date”?

Is it a BALL or BOARD GAME…that you can take time to play with a child (or your spouseJ)?

Is it MONEY…maybe just $1 or much more to encourage someone God lays on your heart? You don’t even have to know the need…just follow God’s leading and give…just slip it into their hands (even a child’s) or in an envelope… watch the look of surprise and gratitude and even unbelief! YOU will feel the joy.

Is it AN APPROPIATE TRACT…with a VERY generous tip for a waiter or waitress?

The Lord is asking us today: “What is that in your hand?”

Our Prayer: “Lord, Show me a need…give me an idea…help me to use what I have in my hand.”

  

 --Maylou Holladay

No comments:

Post a Comment