Monday, April 8, 2013

Shout and Sing


Is it April already?  My stars! Where has the time gone? This happens to me every year.  At first I feel that time is dragging and the whole long school year looms ahead. Then before I know it, spring has sprung and I don’t have time to breathe properly.

But isn’t this a beautiful time of year?  I have violets blooming all over my back yard. Some see them as weeds, but they have lovely heart-shaped leaves and beautiful purple and white blooms. They’re my very favorite! The frothy blossoms of plum and cherry trees are a sight to behold, and bright yellow forsythia shines forth from several yards on my street.  It’s almost too much to appreciate at once. 

Before we know it, dogwoods and azaleas will be putting on a show. The weather will warm up some more, and it will be time to set out all the warm- weather vegetables.  The turning of the seasons is evidence of God’s goodness and His love of beauty.  He is so inventive and imaginative to create so many colors and textures.

I sat down here to write about something else, but this is what is on my mind. So let’s just praise the LORD for his wonderful creation!

“Praise is awaiting you, O God, in Zion. . . .You visit the earth and water it, You greatly enrich it. The river of God is full of water; You provide their grain, for so you have prepared it. You water its ridges abundantly, You settle its furrows; You make it soft with showers, You bless its growth. You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance. They drop on the pastures of the wilderness. And the little hills rejoice on every side. The pastures are clothed with flocks. The valleys also are covered with grain; they shout for joy, they also sing.” Psalm 65 : 1, 9- 13

Have a great week!

--Sherry Poff

No comments:

Post a Comment