Monday, July 30, 2012

Why I Love Working In The Nursery


One of the opportunities I cherish is the opportunity to invest in the lives of young children. The first time I saw the precious response of a toddler to a truth in God’s word, I was hooked! Countless times I have witnessed the comfort of a distressed young child by familiar songs of praise. I don’t take this opportunity lightly because I know God is entrusting me with something very dear to Him.

Matthew 19:13-15 says, “One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so He could lay His hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering Him. But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”  And He placed His hands on their heads and blessed them before He left.”

Wow! I think God considers time spent with children the closest thing to heaven on earth!

Matthew 18:1-5&10 say, “About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?” Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them.  Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.  So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming Me.  “Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my Heavenly Father.”

Double Wow!! If our Lord and Savior compared His Kingdom to a little child in this way, what an honor we have to serve Him by tenderly loving and caring for these sweet children while we are on earth.

What if you decided to accept the invitation to serve in our church nursery as a response to the example of Christ tenderly calling a child to Himself.  What if you welcomed and held an infant or toddler and looked into his or her eyes and realized you just welcomed the Lord Jesus Christ?

There is no question as to why I love serving in the nursery! Join me….won’t you?

Tina Laubscher

No comments:

Post a Comment