Monday, September 19, 2011

Grab Every Moment

Over the years of life’s experiences I have learned to grab every moment. Recently I have experienced the emotions of finding out a young friend has been diagnosed with cancer and the unexpected death of another young friend as well as the memories of the anniversary of the death of a dear older friend.  Unless the Lord intervenes, another dear friend is coming close to the end of her journey with cancer. I praise God that each one is His child.  He not only holds them in His loving hands, but He holds our tears for them as well.

I have watched my friends and their families give glory to God through these earthly struggles.  They have blessed me by their love for the word of God, their humor and their words of inspiration while traveling the journey.  They are an encouragement to me as they live out their faith and grab every moment. Here are quotes from three of them:

“I am watching the sunrise through my hospital window. What a beautiful masterpiece God has blessed us with to see every day. How many times do we take that for granted? How great is His love for us and how great His power is. Why fear what is to come? My God, who created the beautiful picture outside my window, has got things completely under control. Ok God... let it be done! Let's do this!!

We continue to pray that the Lord would grant strength and healing.  I seek to quiet my mind and to remember to "Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10.

“If things are tough, remember that every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there! God will use life's reverses to move you forward. With Jesus you have not a hopeless end but an endless hope!”

Peter sums it up in the following scripture:
 “We have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by His power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see. So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.”
1 Peter 1:4-6 New Living Translation

So I grab every moment seeking God’s guidance through His word, prayer and dear godly friends.

Tina Laubscher

No comments:

Post a Comment