Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to Cup of Grace!

If you're like me, a cup of coffee in the morning just doesn't always do the trick. And the additional to-go tumbler guzzled on the way out my door usually just makes my nerves slightly more jumpy and my trips to the Ladies' Room more frequent! Maybe you're not a coffee drinker. Your "legal addictive stimulant" may be tea, hot cocoa or a Diet Dr. Pepper (with lime, of course). Whatever liquid you may choose to help get your day going, may I suggest a cup of Grace to go with it? Or for those braves souls...as a replacement?  

Job, our hero of faith in suffering, says in Job 23:12b, "...I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food." I don't know about you, but I look forward to breakfast and coffee! Not only do I enjoy it, but I need something to eat in the morning, and I crave the comfort of my coffee. Until I read this verse, I don't know that I would have used the word "treasured," but I can admittedly say now that I treasure my morning food and I find my coffee necessary! I could be running ten minutes late, but that's never too late to grab my to-go tumbler and a piece of toast to eat in the car! Why, then, is it too late to open the Word of my precious Savior to see what He has to satisfy me that morning?

Cup of Grace is designed to bring you weekly encouragement in the Word, not as a substitute for your own meditation in the Word, but as a supplement to your personal pursuit of your relationship with God. We also desire to add accountability within our church body. So go grab your favorite mug, fill it with your favorite drink, then read, be encouraged, laugh, cry (and please post comments) alongside the ladies of Grace Baptist Church.

And the best part is, you don't even have to get out of your pj's first!



~Rebecca Phillips~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rebecca! Because of my own personal clock, I will likely read the blog in the evening, but even then it will bring me encouragement. I look forward to seeing the comments of others as we share our thoughts around God's word.

    I'm glad you started this!
    Sherry P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca! Looking forward to this every week!! I will get up a few extra minutes early on Tuesday's, before the kids are up (hopefully), and chill with my tea and the blog. I don't find it necessary to read the blog in lieu of my daily hot tea (I am not one of those brave souls), but it will make my "tea time" even that much more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am looking forward to being encouraged by the many sweet, insightful ladies of our church! Thanks for making this possible, Rebecca.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rebecca! I look forward to starting my week with encouragement from some of the sweet sisterns of Grace. Please ask Aaron Arnold if you do not know what a sistern is :)
    Can't wait to hear what Sherry has for us tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete